Nighttime NINJA runners are the world’s “stupidist” exercisers.
The world’s smartest runners show the world they are BRILLIANT– their brilliance shines — while running at night:
- They wear bright (retro-reflective)See End Note 1
- They wear light–white or yellow
- They run on the sidewalk or bike path–not alongside the roadway.
Almost every night I pass an idiot runner who is dressed in dark colors while running alongside the roadway and thereby mixing with traffic in dark Ninja-like clothing. Those are the “STUPIDIST” PEOPLE ON EARTH. Men and women with zero I.Q.
The paradox is amusing.
By day, many of these idiots are gorgeous women who care for their bodies in extraordinary ways, or handsome men who do the same. Yet, at night, they throw themselves to the wolves,so to say, by unwittingly, moron-like, exposing themselves to life-threatening dangers by wearing dark colors to blend into the darkness so drivers can’t see them and can sooner or later collide with them.
A 4,000-, or 6,000-pound car or SUV, respectively, makes mince meat of a 150 pound squish-able, runner.
When a runner is running alongside the roadway at night, and is wearing dark colored clothing, there’s only one conclusion to be drawn: the runner and his or her coaches are idiots, morons, people with low I.Q.s. If in every other way those people are perfectly fit to run at night, but wear dark clothing, they are just really stupid people. Why else would they expose themselves, unnecessarily, to such extraordinary risks while running alongside vehicles at night?!
Why are they even running alongside the roadway at night when there are perfectly usable sidewalks and bike paths? But, if there are no sidewalks or bike paths and a runner at night has to run along the side of the roadway they need to apply a wee bit of physiology and science when doing so.
The first bit of science, for example, as mentioned above, is to recognize that a metal vehicle at 30 miles per hour, weighing thousands of pounds will easily squish you. Then there’s the matter of how the human vision works at night. We’ll get into that right now.
Though you, as a pedestrian, runner, jogger, can clearly see the approaching bright lights of a vehicle because those lights stand our so well from the dark background, and can do so for thousands of yards/meters, the driver CAN’T SEE YOU at night until it is too late.
At night, as the car is approaching you, can YOU see the driver’s facial features? Is the driver smiling, even looking at you? Is the driver female or male or transgender? Can’t see the driver’s face? Then why would you expect the driver to see your face, or your body, if your body is covered in dark clothing and you blend with the dark background?
How to NOT BE SEEN is called the art of camouflage. By blending with the background one becomes nearly invisible. Why do runners at night want to camouflage themselves so drivers can’t see them?
Drivers can ONLY SEE YOU IF YOU contrast your body from the background at night, that is, drivers can only see you if you STAND OUT FROM THE DARKNESS and from the DARK BACKGROUND. To do that you must wear LIGHT clothing, preferably trimmed with RETRO-REFLECTIVE material.
BRIGHT PEOPLE WEAR LIGHT [clothing];
LIGHT IS RIGHT.
LIGHTER that’s BRIGHTER is even RIGHTER!!
By “Lighter that’s brighter”, I’m referring to white or yellow garments heavily trimmed with RETRO-REFLECTIVE See End Note 1 materials.
RETRO-reflective, as the name suggests, RETURNS the bright lights of the approaching vehicle BACK TO THE DRIVER, allowing the driver to see something bright ahead. Clever runners’ clothing manufacturers will use RETRO-REFLECTIVE fabrics to outline the silhouette of a human figure so drivers have a clue that it is a person ahead, visible for hundreds of yards/meters ahead.
If you don’t have SMART RUNNING CLOTHING, (clothing trimmed in RETRO-REFLECTIVE materials), then default to the next best colored clothing for nighttime running and jogging: WHITE. Next is YELLOW.
What about those bright FLUORESCENT orange and lime-green vests, aren’t they good for visibility at night? They may not help make you more visible at night unless there is a huge amount of Ultra-Violet light being emitted from the headlights of the approaching vehicle. Don’t bank on that. Those bright orange and lime-green vests are intended for dawn or dusk, that is, they enhance visibility best when the light is filled with ultra-violet. But since lime-green is almost a yellow, it works almost as well as yellow does at night, but not because of the fluorescence, just because it is a light color.
WHY YOU NEED TO BE A BRIGHTER PERSON…at night:
- drivers, (population), are aging, so vision is deteriorating.
- population is obese and getting fatter. As younger and younger people contract Type-2 Diabetes, [now starting at ages 11 and 12, though not drivers yet], they suffer from the same diseases as any other diabetic, including contracting cataracts which grows worse over time and interferes with vision, especially at night. Cataracts cover the pupil of the eye, making vision cloudy, and disperses incoming light. Not so much a problem by day, but as evening descends, driving becomes more difficult.
- other bright objects or smart people wearing retro-reflective materials may distract drivers or be seen much better than you. So, you just won’t be seen. “I didn’t see the runner in dark clothing”, may be a viable defense in a court of law, (but, hey, I am not a lawyer).
- if, at night, nothing behind you causes your human figure to stand out, to be contrasted to the background, to appear as a silhouette in time, even if you are obese, drivers simply may not see you.
- you may be jogging in a completely unexpected place at night.Idiots do that by running on the roadway despite nearby viable sidewalks or bicycle paths.
Now you know.
So, you can no longer use stupidity as your excuse. There is no reason to run on the side of a road at night, even if you run facing traffic, if viable sidewalks and bike paths exist. One runner tried to convince me that he had to run on the pavement of the roadway because it absorbs the foot pounding and provides more protection than running on a sidewalk.
Really? Are people that stupid for sure?! If the roadway gave enough to matter to one’s feet and knees, then each time a 4,000-pound or 6,000-pound vehicle travelled over it, the roadway would give like mush, like pudding and wouldn’t that be a mess?! So, no. It makes no difference to your body if you run on pavement meant for heavy vehicles or run on the sidewalk.
Now you know that the world thinks you are an idiot, one of the stupidist people on earth, each time they see you running on the roadway instead of the sidewalk and each time your suddenly appear a foot or two in front of the headlights because you are wearing dark clothing while running on a roadway at night.
If you are a parent:
As a parent, if you let your kids go out at night without clolthing which is bright, you are a stupid parent for ignoring the child’s visibility should the kid dart onto the roadway while playing.
BRIGHT exercisers wear something LIGHT at NIGHT.
Only LIGHT is RIGHT at NIGHT.
The SMARTEST nighttime exercisers WEAR RETRO-REFLECTIVE clothing.
- RETRO-REFLECTIVE material consists of microscopic, silver-coated beads or prisms each of which captures and reverses the light to send it back, in a straight line, to the source of the light. The concept originated from scientists at 3M replicating the same principle that made the eyes of animals appear to light up a glow in the distance at night as light from car headlights entered the animals eye and bounce off the rounded back surface which acted like a silvered mirror and sent the light back to the driver. Since a driver is sitting right behind the headlights of his or her vehicle, the driver sees the light coming back to them that originated from their own headlights. This exact principle is what makes STOP SIGNS, overhead HIGHWAY SIGNS, STREET SIGNS, appear to LIGHT UP in the darkness when a driver’s headlights shine on those signs. Those signs are made of highly effective RETRO-REFLECTIVE beads that capture and return the cars’ headlights back to the drivers of those cars.
- HOW TO TEST FOR SMART CLOTHING FOR NIGHT RUNNING: A runner’s garment ought to be trimmed in a silver fabric, (silver because of the silver mirror coating at the back of each of the millions of microscopic glass beads), OR, a shiny plastic material, (to encase millions of microscopic plastic prisms). To be sure, hold a flashlight to your temple, so as close to your eye as possible, step back about 5 yards/meters or more and shine the flashlight on the material. If the material, or the trim is retro-reflective, it will appear to “light up”, yes even in the daytime while conducting this test, but if in doubt, darken the room somewhat and shine the flashlight–alongside your temple–at the garment.
- A word of caution. Over time, after about 25 to 50 washings, the retro-reflective material may lose some of its ability to return light to the driver as beads wear out or become dislodged from the base material. So, from time to time repeat the test for detecting retro-reflectivity to ensure it is working to your satisfaction.