This is not a Nugget to defend Donald Trump. Granted, you’d think, by now, he’d learn to speak with a lot more preparation instead of opening his mouth to merely change feet. But he does hit the nail on the head. And this time, like him or not, you ought to listen. This is ABOUT YOU.
Donald Trump has given America a valuable heads up about two things:
- Donald Trump warned: Unemployment is indeed really close to 22%. (See my previous Nugget.) He’s right, despite the massive effort by the “establishment” media to ridicule him, he is correct that unemployment is closer to 22% and not the 4% BS number used by the government to lull you into complacency. What should you do about that 22%?
- Get your resume in order.
- Take advantage of your employer’s benefit program to upgrade your skills.
- Ask for more and broader experience on the job, while you still have a job.
- Do everything you can to make yourself a more valuable employer in case your employer remains in America after the next major round of downsizing that is coming. [In search box, type, “Valuable Tips”.]
- Pay off your debts–all loans, credit cards, mortgage, and any form of debt. Owe zero money to any institution. Stop buying anything on credit.
- Build a CASH savings account to cover you for the typical period of unemployment through which you will likely have to survive. In the ’70s and ’80s, it took about 6 months to get hired. Today, it’s between 24 months and 36 months.
- [Note: use my search engine to find Nuggets containing tips on each of the above.]
- Donald Trump warned: There is a horrible stock market crash ahead of us. EXPERTS who consulted for the CIA to develop strategies for financial events, warn that there is a stock market crash coming and it will be far worse than what we experienced in 2007-2008. What should you do?
- Pay OFF all your debts, loans, credit cards. Owe zero money to any institution. Stop buying ANYTHING on credit.
- Consult with a CERTIFIED Financial Planner or CERTIFIED Financial Analyst to protect your investments during the coming stock market crash.
- Build and protect your CASH savings account to cover you for the typical period of unemployment through which you will likely have to survive. In the ’70s and ’80s, it took about 6 months to get hired. Today, it’s between 24 months and 36 months.
- Literally, stuff a handful of cash, in your home, someplace safe from burglars. Why? If this stock market crash is as bad as experts, and Donald Trump, warn, then your ATM will be capped. That is, you will not be able to pull out more than a few hundred dollars to cover normal expenses, or to pay for family food, or to cover any unexpected emergency.